You probably don’t give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator unless it shuts down, or before it is time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be extremely useful to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cold—and Hesperia Appliance Repair Brothers is here to explain.
Read below to find out all you should know concerning how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s time to connect with refrigerator repair Hesperia.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-own household appliance for many years now. A refrigerator will store your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to eliminate spoiling and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from inside of the appliance to the exterior, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Hesperia Appliance Repair Brothers:
The refrigerator compressor is both a pump and motor, and it is responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is attached on the back exterior panel of the refrigerator and will help to emit the warmth built-up within the refrigerator out in the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth trapped inside of it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
Once the evaporator is not working, it’s time to call a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is carried through a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, thereby transforming it back into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat will regulate the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle when it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Hesperia for repair the moment a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within a refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to start, and the cool down starts. The refrigerator attracts the cold liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the outside of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the home and reverts back to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues on its trip to the evaporator component, traveling through the coils within the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The liquid then absorbs the warm air from inside the appliance, cooling the temperature until it has reached the correct final point.
5. The liquid evaporates, and will return back to a gas, and returns to the refrigerator compressor unit so it can then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in several applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one location and moving it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your home, creates a safe environment for food that is perishable, and helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot ofdifferent common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Hesperia Appliance Repair Brothers.
Hesperia Appliance Repair Brothers can service all popular models of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed appliance repairmen in Hesperia undergo training to repair problems with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and various problems. We know all about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working